Use our online booking tool to book the next available appointment time for your child's assessment.
Tests offered onsite include COVID swab, throat swab, and urine testing for children who can pee in a cup.
COMPASSIONATE, CONVENIENT CARE FOR YOUR CHILDREN
Assessment, Testing & Care
Book an appointment at our clinic for in-person assessment and care of children and youth with acute illnesses which include a fever, cough or runny nose.
1. First, call your regular primary care provider to determine if they can assess your child.
2. Your child or youth has a new symptom
(Such as fever, cough, vomiting, belly pain, ear ache, rash or sore throat), for which you would usually seek medical attention from your primary care provider, but may not be able to see them)
3. If your child/youth needs a COVID swab.
Ottawa Medical Group
Clinic Phone & Location
Monday - Friday 5pm to 9pm
Saturday & Sunday 9am to 1pm
We are located on the 2nd Floor of the Ottawa Medical Group building.
East Ottawa Kids COVID Care Clinic
Use our easy, online booking tool to find the earliest possible appointment.
- How do I know if my child is eligible for an appointment at your clinic?
IMPORTANT: Before you consider booking an appointment with East Ottawa Kids COVID-19 Care Clinic , first call your regular primary care provider to determine if they can assess your child.
Our clinic is available for in-person assessment and care of children and youth with acute illnesses which include a fever, cough or runny nose.
Please contact us if:
- Your child or youth has a new symptom (fever, cough, vomiting, belly pain, ear ache, rash or sore throat), for which you would usually seek medical attention from your primary care provider, but may not be able to see them.
- If your child/youth needs a COVID swab.
- What hours is the clinic open?
Monday through Friday | 5pm to 9pm
Saturday & Sunday | 9am to 1pm
- What ages of children will you see?
We will see children as young as 2 months to 17 years at our clinic.
- What type of tests are offered at the clinic?
Tests offered onsite at the East Ottawa Kids Care Clinic include:
- COVID-19 PCR Test
- Throat swab
- Urine testing, for children who can pee in a cup
- Can I book only a COVID test without an assessment of my child?
Yes. You can book a test without an assessment.
- What do I need to bring to the appointment?
Please bring your childs OHIP card.
- Do we need to arrive early? And how long is the appointment?
Please arrive 15 minutes before your appointment.
Full Assessment - Approximately 15 minutes (variable)
Swab Test Only - Approximately 10 minutes
- Are there any food or drink restrictions regarding the tests?
Yes. There are restrictions.
During the 30 minutes prior to the swab, your child cannot eat, drink or chew anything.
Please take this into consideration when you book the appointment.
- Is the appointment covered by OHIP? And the cost of any tests?
Yes, the appointment is covered by OHIP. There are no costs to the tests.
- What happens if my childs COVID test results are positive?
If the results of your childs COVID Test are positive, a doctor from this clinic will call you, and will forward the positive test to the local Public Health Unit.
Please contact your local Public Health Unit for further instructions.
Book Your Appointment Online
Easy online booking for COVID assessments and swabs for children and youth.